A very nice game!
A downloadable game for Windows
Enjoy the simple pleasures of fighting for your village's survival as you decide who lives and who dies in this tiny plague ridden village simulator.
This game was made in 72 hours for the Ludum Dare 43 Jam.
If you don't think slight balancing and bug fixes are against the rules then I highly recommend playing v1.0.5, otherwise 1.0.4 is the official jam entry with no known bugs currently.
KNOWN ISSUES FOR OFFICIAL JAM ENTRY:
- Death and Villager counts are flipped (but not at the start!)
- Difficulty slider doesn't stay put, but the difficulty level doesn't reset with it, so.. just let it do it's thing I guess.
Music by Nathaniel Catt
Art and design by Michael Kocha
Sound effects purchased from asoundeffect.com
- Higher level villagers bring home more resources, but have higher health. This means keeping them alive requires more heals.
- If you run out of food, you can't spawn new villagers. Farmers are arguably the most important right next to loggers. No one cares about miners after the beginning.
- You are never truly self sustaining. Don't leave your game idle too long, you WILL lose.
- The difficulty slider ONLY determines the villagers' base delivery amount. Farthest right is hardest, farthest left is easiest. It scales from 5 resources per trip to 10 resources per trip.
- Right clicking deselects whatever button you've last pressed. This should have been in the tutorial. Sorry.
Click download now to get access to the following files: